Do you know PowerPoint well? We are convinced that we have found a few important PowerPoint tips that you probably don’t know yet. In this article we have put together 5 important PowerPoint tips that will make your work in PowerPoint easier.
Here are our 5 PowerPoint tips:
1. PowerPoint tip: Align Elements Perfectly
With our first PowerPoint tip you will become an Alignment Master. Objects that are not aligned in the same way are conspicuous. On small screens, manually aligned objects often appear even and well aligned. However, as soon as you show them on a large display, your audience will notice the differences. PowerPoint helps with the “Arrange” function.
You can either align objects to the slide itself or, if you have selected several objects, to the objects. The two outermost objects mark the alignment area.
- Click “Start” and “Arrange” in the ribbon to align objects.
- Under “Arrange” you will find the option “Align”.
- Under “Align” you should first decide whether the objects should be aligned with the objects or with the slide.
- Select “Align to slide” or “Align selected objects”.
- Now you have the following alignment options to choose from:
“distribute horizontally” and “distribute vertically” are only possible if you align objects according to the slide.
The range of functions for aligning objects is not sufficient for you? The Layout Tool Bar from empower® slides offers even more options for aligning objects in PowerPoint. Find out here what possibilities the Layout Tool Bar offers.
2. PowerPoint tip: Control your presentation with your smartphone
If you don’t have a presenter available and don’t want to stay on your desktop all the time, using an app from your smartphone is the way to go. With MyPoint for ios or Finger Point for Android, you can click on slides with your smartphone.
3. PowerPoint tip: Elegant Screen Lock
This PowerPoint tip is simple but ingenious. If a discussion arises in a presentation, or if you wander away from the topic of the slide by asking a question, you can simply hide the slide. Simply press the “B” key. The screen will now turn black.
4. PowerPoint tip: Adjust slide size
In most cases, the default size of the slides is the best. However, if you have a special screen size or the playback medium of the presentation has a special size, it may be useful to change the slide size.
- To do this, click on “Draft”.
- Click on “Slide size” in the right corner.
- Select “Custom slide size” at the bottom.
5. PowerPoint tip: Custom shapes
In PowerPoint you have the possibility to create a user-defined form. All you have to do is:
- Create an arbitrary form, or one that comes closest to your wishes.
- Right-click on the shape and select “edit points”.
You can also combine two shapes:
- Create any two shapes, or two that come closest to your wishes.
- Right-click on both shapes and select “Group”.
PowerPoint offers much more than what you have known before. If you still couldn’t find the function you’re looking for among the tips, then get acquainted with empower® slides. No matter whether it’s about adhering to the corporate design, a slide library directly in PowerPoint or creating an agenda. You can find out what else the PowerPoint add-in has to offer here.