Where can I find the `count all words´ option? How can I easily check my spelling? Often you cannot easily find the commands in Word and the already defined quick access bar or tabs don’t have the commands that you need. However, few people know that Office gives you the ability to customize the Quick Access Bar. In this office tip, we show you how to adjust the ribbon and the quick access bar in just a few steps.
Go to `data´ and open `options´.
To customize the Ribbon, click `Customize Ribbon´.
On the left you will find the most common requests. Click the `Popular Commands´ box and click `All Commands´ to get all the possible commands from Word.
On the right, the ribbon can be edited. All current tabs are displayed. Again, you have the option to edit all tabs. Click on `Main tabs´ and select `All tabs´.
Now you can use the arrows to complete and remove commands in the tab.
You can also add new tabs and new groups and name them individually and mark them with a symbol.
In addition to the customized ribbon, you can also edit the Quick Access Toolbar and add or remove icons. To adjust the Quick Access Toolbar, click Data and Options again. Then go to `Quick Access Toolbar´.
On the left you will find the most common commands. Click in the `Popular Commands´ box and click on `All Commands´ to get all possible commands from Word.
On the right you will find the symbols that appear in the toolbar.
Now you can use the arrows to add and remove commands.
You can also choose the arrangement of symbols in the Quick Access Toolbar. The topmost symbol is the one on the far right of the Quick Access Toolbar. You can determine the height using the arrows on the right.
We have listed some of our favourite symbols for you:
for Word we recommend:
- to integrate the comment function into the Quick Access Toolbar: You can add comments to your text at any time.
- to integrate the e-mail function into the Quick Access Toolbar: This allows you to integrate your texts directly into an e-mail at any time.
- to integrate the printer function into the Quick Access Toolbar: So you can print with just one click.
for PowerPoint we recommend:
- to integrate the foil master into the DeepL access bar: Within a few seconds the foil master view opens.
- to integrate the guides into the DeepL access bar: adjust and align building blocks with one click.
From our point of view the perfect Quick Access Toolbar can also be downloaded from the following link (just import the downloaded file -bottom right, in the options of the Quick Access Toolbar):